Preparing For Chinese New Year Preparing For Chinese New Year

Translate This Blog

Monday, February 1, 2010

Preparing For Chinese New Year



As I was writing this post, Chinese New Year is just two weeks away. Seems like times fly, the last round I blog about this cultural festival was last year. This year, I hope to post more about this cultural festival and the background of it instead of just wishing the readers Happy Chinese New Year.

Nien Gao that my mum made

Chinese New Year this year could cost a lot due to inflation, especially food prices which soar about 20%-30% which makes this festival expensive. Anyway, to start with, my family has been busy preparing for this festival, especially my mum. Over the weekends, me and my brother were busy dusting the house and removed the cobwebs. My mum successfully make sticky rice cake or more commonly known as "Nian Gao" today, which is presentable as well, before this she has been trying to make "Nian Gao" - the taste is ok, but looks a bit crumple. There are a lot more to do list on her hand, which unfortunately I will not be available to help her out.

Back to Chinese New Year, I am really looking forward to it and will be taking a week of from work, so it will be a holiday for me as well. As I have mentioned earlier, this year the Chinese New Year could cost a lot, so it is time for us to start thinking of ways to spend smart for this festival season, but at the same time don't look too stingy. I will try to post some of the ways in my Money Master blog. Till then, I'll keep updating this blog on the preparation.


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

Awards