My Visit to Dupont - Gearing up for the 4th of July My Visit to Dupont - Gearing up for the 4th of July

Translate This Blog

Saturday, July 3, 2010

My Visit to Dupont - Gearing up for the 4th of July


This post actually continue from My Visit to Dupont - Visit to the Museum of Flight.

Well the day after my visit to the Museum of Flight, I went shopping at the Factory Outlet at North Bend. I woke up pretty late that morning, if I remember correctly it was already about 10 a.m., so I quickly grab my breakfast and search for the GPS inside the car to get the direction from the hotel to the Factory Outlet at North Bend. Man, I have to drive like more than an hour to reach there.

Factory Outlet at North Bend


But, one thing that really blows me off is to see how big the whole outlet area. The whole area was like the housing area back in Malaysia. Yes, you still can walk from one end to the other, but it will still be very tiring especially if you are the kind of people like me who don't have the sense of direction.


All outlets have own shop and there are just too many branded goods that one can really imagine. The price for most products are really cheap compare to that we can get in Malaysia or even the shopping malls in the United States.

The first outlet I went is the Nike Factory Store. In fact, my car was park right besides the Nike Factory Store. I bought few clothes, a pair of shoes and a watch.

Nike Factory Store - where my car was parked right beside it




I also been to the Coach outlet which happens to be not very far from Nike, but spend most of my time browsing through the handbags and wallets and wondering why girls love Coach.

Next outlet where I spend my money is the Gap outlet where I bought clothes, khakis as well as new blazer and a pair of sunglasses. I also went to other outlets to buy new pair of sandals (as I did not bring along).


Man, I spend close to USD400 just shopping around the outlets, this not including my lunch and dinner and some tea break. Nevertheless, the shopping experience was fun and the things that I bought seems to value for money :p

Sawdust - here is where I get my cup of espresso of the day



Mongolian Grill


During one of the weekdays, I went window shopping at the Tacoma Mall, where I find the things over there are crazily expensive compare to the Factory Outlet. I'm not joking here. There are few things that I got at the Factory Outlet that I saw in Tacoma Mall and it is still like two to three times more expensive after their "discount". Too bad I did not bring my camera along as I went there straight after working hour because most of the malls in the area close at 9 p.m. I even have my dinner there - Japanese cuisine and it cost me a bomb. So, the lesson here is never to eat Japanese food in the United States. Don't get too distracted by the pretty waitress until forgot that you still need to pay after you eat + the tips.




It seems to me that everyone is gearing up for the 4th of July, in fact there are people selling fireworks and starting to fire the fireworks. Even as I was blogging this post, I can hear people firing fireworks. Well, it is not surprising as the citizen of the United States will be celebrating ID4 tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

Awards